Fitting, is the trending over?

Robby, let me make this simple for you. You’re a 4cap…awesome! Do you think a new set of stix will get you to a +1 (amateur golfs Holy Grail)? Take your time and think before you answer that question… I have played the same irons for 30+ years, but I have changed shafts 4 times. I know there’s a bit more going into it using Driver, 3, 5 and 7 metals… the new guys can be adjusted to get you some max distance, but at what price? I’ve been playing an Adams 9064 8.5* for 12 years (and I also have a TM SLDR, just in case something happens) but I did get the shaft changed 2 years ago to help me gain distance due to aging…I’m 64 and on a good day I can get out there 270-280, but mostly average 245-255. Getting good, especially with Wedges, it helps to have the correct grind for your swing path, but it takes a lotta, lotta focused practice and a little thing called talent. Buying new clubs makes you feel good, but I’m telling you…unless you are an elite player, new clubs ain’t all that. Now most people usually start with a set of hand me downs or something they bought cheap at a yard sale. If you like the game you should trade up, get something for you…after that, not much except practice and focused lessons can get you to a single digit cap.

Let me make this simple for you. I never said anything about getting new sticks, only the virtues of getting the right sticks. Nor did I ever say anything about getting to a plus handicap. Did you actually read my post or just see something that you disagreed with and react? Maybe you should “take your time and think” before you respond to people. Your words…

Last August 7 handicap revision is 6.6 index for me. That same week I went through a real fitting where the major changes were about getting swingweight right so I can better feel the face through impact, and getting wedge bounces right. I am not playing with the clubs that were recommended, but have made adjustments to my setup that go in line with the education I got. My latest revision was a 3.3 and I am not practicing or playing any more than I was then. I still have a job, wife and kids, and I still play the same courses. But my control of the clubface is better and the extra bounce on my wedges has helped my short game just enough to drop that handicap.

The same educational process helped me get my wife’s set up adjusted more properly fit her than a cheap box set that is thrown together. I even consulted with the fitter when I was thinking through it to validate my thought process. She is a beginner and plays 2x a month and never practices and her results have improved and she is having fun. That is my holy grail of golf. Enjoyment.

I am so happy that you have had those clubs that long, but did you ever stop to think that maybe you already had a good fit for your swing? This is an exact quote from my original post that you are responding to. When I said fresh set of sticks I was referring to when you in fact do change your clubs it helps to know what about those clubs fit you, not trying to buy a game. My fault if I thought that was relatively clear for anyone reading.

I go to fittings to garner information. By and large, I grind my own wedges and tweak the weight dispersion by trial and error with lead tape strips. I just recently switched to TTDGX100 shafts. Why? At the fitting, I found I lost a few yards on distance, but what I lost in distance I gained in better dispersion… hitting a ball to an intended target is way more important to me than using a PW instead of a GW, or a 5iron instead of 6iron. Now I agree with you that it is more about the correct stix than it is new stix, BUT… if you buy someone else’s old stix, you have someone else’s problems. I also posted to a person that had a new set of of Mizuno JPX, and traded up, so to speak, at a fitting to Titleist T200s. So we spent $1000 for the JPX, my game is still 18 cap so I went and spent $1200 and what happened…NOTHING. If you went from a 6 to a 3 with no more practice than before, like I said practice and/or talent, you must be an amazing talent…God Bless. Again I went from 30 to 10 inside of 6 months, it took me another 5 years to get to my best of 2.3. I don’t put range practice in as much as I used to, but when I want to improve, I beat balls to the tune of 300-400 balls a session for months, before I noticed an inkling of bettering my game or lowering my cap by a point. By and large, if you want to improve at this game, my suggestion is proper lessons and coaching and alot of practice. It’s in the dirt. Hogan said it, Woods said it, Nicklaus said it… you ain’t buying a game! Knowing what I know now, I would have taken lessons first instead of starting lessons and practice 2 years down the line. Then get the new (correct clubs) :sunglasses:

I agree 100% that you cannot buy a game, but I also fully recognize that equipment fit does matter. Otherwise we could all play the clubs Rahm just won the Masters with and be fine. It is a bit of a conundum really. Practice with clubs that arent fit for you and you just make bad habits more ingrained. Buy new clubs and don’t practice, the euphoria dies quickly and the handicap doesn’t have any sustained improvement.

For me, the “secret” is in having the correct tool for the job and also understanding how to use that tool to get desired results. For each of us the correct tool is different. I think the real problem we face is that all of the OEMs have for years tried to market to us that we could buy a game by puchasing the latest driver that our tour staff is advertising on commercials (even though what they play is totally different in most cases). And now, the fitting world has adopted that same sales pitch. If you look at the marketing for all of the major fitting outfits now they too would make you believe that you can buy a game, which you cannot, even though it would help if you are playing stuff that doesn’t fit to start with.

The ones that really bug me are the companies (not naming names) that sell you on the upfit. “yeah you fit really well into this $600 driver, however if we FLO the shaft and upgrade to a shaft that the OEM doesn’t sell, along with this ultra special secret tip trimming only we can do, put a proprietary grip tape wrapping pattern on there, that will maximize your results. That will be $1000 for the ultimate driving machine”. Those people should be in a cell beside Madoff because providing false statements and taking peoples money is a crime…

*some of the last paragraph was exaggerated for the sake of making a point. hyperbole, if you will…

1 Like

That last line isn’t exaggerated. "A sucker is born every minutePT Barnum". Here’s what I know from going to club fittings. They are trying to make a SALES PITCH—PERIOD— I have never bought anything froma fitting, but I do take down valuable information. Lie is important…sometimes up to 3* flat or upright. Not dependent upon height, but dependent on your swing plane, I used tape to find my level after about 20 swings with each club and adjusted that. You can distribute weight on the back of your clubhead using lead tape to increase your tendency to fade or draw a ball. I personally do NOT recommend graphite shafts on clubs from 7i on down. Steel is the only way to go. On shafts, there really isn’t a lot of difference for us amateurs, I switched to X100s and lost about 5 yards carry, but because of the lower torque and lower kick point I hit shots, when I execute a reasonably good swing, str8 at the intended target! People think stiff shafts vs reg shafts a heckuva lot of difference… if you are looking for a lower, more penetrating ball flight…the X100 is for you. If you want the 5yds back…add a 1/2 inch to the length at the butt end. I use Jumbo grips because of arthritis in both my hands… alot of men would benefit more using midsize grips… back in the day we would just use like 3 layers of tape and get the same result. My clubs are all perimeter weighted, I ground my wedges years ago to get the correct lie to make them easier to hit for me. All said…I know how to do this, I studied to be a PGA pro, I worked 6 years at a golf course in my youth so I had alot of advantages. Today, at age 64, max length on a course is about 6400 yds on a 70 layout and 6500 on a 72 layout…after that it’s not fun. The best iron that was ever produced was in the 80’s and it was the Hogan Apex… other than lofts that are 4-8* stronger today… the clubhead is amazing. If you want perimeter weighted clubs… Ping Eye2. There hasn’t been much improvement on them. You won’t go wrong with Vokey Wedges or Cleveland, I use the CG12 I have a 60, 54, 50 and 48. Drivers, IMO haven’t much improved from ike 10 years ago… twist face…c’mon really? I use an Adams 9064LS… still the best driver ever produced. It was the bat of choice for Jamie Sadlowski and he was hitting them 340 back then…I can into it way more… you really want to improve your game start with the right PUTTER & Ball compression for your swing speed for yourself… I have tried more than my share, BUT for me I always end up going back to my '77 Ping Anser. Which is back in the bag for the last 3 seasons. The right putter for you will make all the difference if you are actually putting out on the greens…PLUS alot of repetition. Ball wise I was Titleist ProV1 guy until last year when I switched to Bridgestone Tour RX which is about an 80 compression, but does give me a cheap increase of 10 yards. My SS is not high anymore, it’s between 95-98… but I can get Ballspeed around 135-145 which on that perfect SF of 1.5 the new balls still go. In my youth we all hit 100 compression Balata and I could hit those 265-275… I don’t know what my swing speed was back then, but it was considerably faster than what I’m generating today.

Agree with this by the principle. I don’t agree to provide the “best tools” simply because there is no best tools for the job.
Golf is a game of a golfer swinging a golf club to advance a golf ball. the golfer is the most important part of the formula and the ( well fitted) golf clubs will be like the icing on the cake.
Don’t forget the human body goes through changes with time and activities. The ability to adjust to the small changes could be practiced and adopted.
True story, a young man working as a member of ground crew at a well known golf and country club was an aspired golfer. The head professional at the club took him under his wings and gave him lessons once in awhile. There was this annual City Open coming up in a few days and the young man aimed to claim the crown. He was upset when the head professional sent him to dig trenches for the new irrigation system 3 days in a row just before the City championship took place. His arms were sore from laboring and his back and legs were not feeling the full strength. He was not happy, thought the head professional might have ruined his chance of winning.
He won, handily.
Later the head professional explained to him why he sent the young man for laborious work right before his tournament. He did it to slow down the young man’s tempo to have more control with those endless youthful energy in order not to over swing a golf club. The distance was not a concern for this young man, the control of direction was a fault they could not overcome in time for the tournament.
The message is, there is no perfectly fitted golf clubs. The “perfection” will be at that moment of the fitting with the set up of the hitting mat and the dialing of the launch monitor.
Will any fitting improve a golfer’s game? Certainly possible. That was what some of us do by changing shafts.
That was exactly what you did with your wife’s golf club " according to your statement". That is what Mike did changing shaft for his own preference.
There is nothing wrong with keeping the older golf clubs and modify it to suit the current needs, if one knows what they are doing.
From observing over the years, most the men will stay with their trusty golf clubs ( the conforming limit of COR had been reached more than a decade ago for the driver).
But the female golfers will pay equal attention if not more attention to how their golf clubs looks. If a new set of golf clubs, a new golf bag, a new outfit will boost and desire to golf, I’m all for it.
In my opinion, there will never be a perfectly fitted set of golf clubs for all time.
If a golfer is really tuned in for golf club fitting, I would suggest to first find a qualified fitter, then go back to have it checked at least once every season.
As some golfers I know will have their forged irons checked for loft and lie at the beginning of every season. Not so much as the potential alteration from play will be detrimental to their actual golf game, but it’ll be a peace of mind to know the specs are “correct”.
I have sets of forged irons which have not seen a loft and lie machine since I first unwrapped them from the shipping box. They must have changed the loft and the lie from years of beating golf balls off the driving range mat. would it matter to me to know which club to pull for a 145 yard shot? No, because I know how far each iron will travel under different condition. That, is what I need to know.
Same thing with the yardage finder, first the scope then the laser scope then the GPS yardage finder. My game is not dialed in to within a few yards, all I’ll need to know is how far to the front of the green and where the pin is cut on the green.
You can have all the information you want, but will it matters to your golf game? Most importantly will the information or the gathering of it keep you from enjoying the game?
I don’t believe in my life time we will see the technology/the Artificial Intelligence completely taking over what we carry on our shoulders.
However, as the self-learning A.I. getting improved and we’re lacking the practice of stimulating our brain. The danger of us being raised as other animals is looming.
Use it or lose it, there is no short cut in my opinion. A major part of this game is the struggle to improve. Another part of the charm is to follow all the rules because there is basically no other consequences after we stepped off the golf course. Better than laying on the couch spilling out your guts to a psychiatrist. I’d rather pay the green fees.

The difference will be minimal in the shorter sticks. If the shaft profile is out of your range, it’ll show more impact with the mid to long clubs.
You may not see more than a few yards difference in your short irons but will be very obvious with your mid to long irons.
You can consider using different shaft for mid-long irons.
I don’t carry the deuce any more, switched it to hybrids with graphite shafts for all my woods and hybrids. I can no longer swing the 2 iron with confidence throughput the rounds.

That is fair. Perhaps I should have used the word suitable instead of best.

It is all very interesting to me also how psychological this game can be. Some folks are in a better place mentally playing the same thing for years an others are in a better place with a “fresh look”.

For me, I got in a better place when I better understood the various aspects of what made a club good or not as good for me personally. It was like the missing piece to a puzzle that had been under the table the whole time. I don’t care about brand or model, but weight, lie angle, bounce and spin profile mean everything to me at this point in my life. I honestly don’t feel like shaft flex is as important as those other factors, but that is just me.

1 Like

99.999% of the golfers play this game for enjoyment. Only the elite golfers could make a living grinding on competition tour.
With your agreement that there is no perfectly fitted golf clubs for all occasion. Getting a premade set of golf clubs off the shelve is probably most of us do at the beginning. There were a few touring professional who will basically use the same equipment as we could purchase in the stores.
Think of some of the fitting terms.
Lie angle? Is is important? Of course it is, only if the spec is way out of the golfer’s range. Most the sets of golf clubs in the stores will fit 90% of the golfers out there. It is designed that way.
Length will be the same except for extreme cases. Had a guy only 5’3" and he had been using the men’s standard set for years. Finally convinced him to try a women’s set of irons and he has been using it for quite a few years now. Reason being, it is very difficult to reduce weight instead of add weight to the iron heads. Making the golf club lighter and shorter will be more difficult if not impossible using the standard components.
To understand how a golfer relate to the golf clubs is not a lengthy learning. A good fitter can fit a golfer into approximation within 30 minutes then fine tune the details. The issue with the changing measurement in which we fit golf clubs to a golfer will be difficult to observe.
If one change the golf shoes with new spikes and new insoles, it might elevate the heel by as much as 1/4". The soggy fairway might lower the elevation from shoulders to the ground by as much as 1/2"…
the truth is, what we carry above our shoulders will make those fine adjustment. With practice and experience one’s mind will make the necessary adjustment with the information feed back from what one sees and feels.
Professional do not hit perfect golf shots all the time. They just adapt quicker and better than the amateurs.
What I learned from long ago, some golfers will sell their older sets of golf clubs but ended up buying similar sets back years later. I tend to be very careful before I purchase any golf equipment, in the same fashion, I do not get rid of them easily because a set I feel not fitting my preference today might be in a few years.
It is great that you embarked on the journey to pursue a better golf game and better fitted golf equipment for yourself.
The journey should bring you lots of joy.

Really thought that all TI meant was that the shafts had tighter weight tolerances that the regular line. Doubt very much that I’m good enough to tell the difference, swinging them blind. I have them in my set because they came that way used, and my wedges were a no-cost upgrade for them. Shrug. Fine with me.

I’m likely re-shafting soon to some LA Golf L-series pulls I picked up. Tired of golfers and tennis elbow. Need to find time for that, and to actually play a little.

I’ve picked up a club once in the last two months. And that only to get an hour’s trackman time in (Hudson Golf in Hoboken. Nice, but pricey. NYC area, so not surprising.)

Stupid work.

Though I figured out I get along with hybrids now, so that was interesting. They’ve TM rental equipment, and while the S shafts were a touch soft, the Stealth 3H was nice and consistent. A boring 215 -220 baby draw all day 'erry day. Still missed my sticks though.

As I have said before… it’s not the clubheads on the irons once you find something that works, it’s the shaft, the weighting and the grip and obviously the the swing that make the ball go. I only carry in my bag, 5,6,7,8,9. I have 4 “wedges” 60/54/50/46. I have a Driver, 3W, 7W and an 18* Hybrid. Add a putter to that and I’m maxed out. I hit my 5i consistently 180 I lost 5 yards on the switch but I am so much straighter. The perimeter weighting on my clubs with the “stabilizer bar” (yes that was also invented in the 80’s) still gives me good distance on a mishit. The 7W goes 185-200, the hybrid goes 190-210, 3W goes 210-220, Driver goes 240 on up depending on the strike. Basically my clubs work backwards from that 180 in seven to 10 yard increments. I hit the 50* 10/20, the 46 20/30 9i 30/40, 8i 40/50 7i 50/60, 6i 60/70 5i 70/80. It is very helpful to know your distances…LOL! That said on a smoked Dr of 260 that leaves me with 6iron from the FW perfect conditions on a 425 Par 4. I can live with that, but I’d much rather be hitting Wedges and 9 irons in. The X100s have a lower kick point and less torque. You don’t have to be a beast to swing them, The ball goes much straighter than with the R300…100%! I also own a replica set of my clubs…just in case something happens. I would just have to re-shaft them and adjust the swingweight for me. BTW, I do get joy out of tinkering with my clubs, Everytime I tinker it’s a brand new club… and we see how it goes. I don’t do it often, but I have taken a look see with weighting every couple of years and I’m on my 4th set of shafts and at least 25 grip changes over the 35 years of ownership.

1 Like

Darn, according to the yardage from your bag, you have the tools to be a scratch.
I don’t golf enough. Was at a point before I started a family.
Now with my youngest one getting ready for the first residency position I will have more time but, I’m also not able to swing the golf club like I used to.
That’s life. As most of us saved up enough money to get their dream sports car, they won’t enjoy the speed, owing to the deteriorated vision and slower reflexes. Or maybe we’re smarter to appreciate and reserve our time here.
If you can utilize the 60 degree in your bag often than you’re a better golfer than most of us. I could never get along with the 60, not even the 58 I have. Even my SW has 54 degrees of loft.
I’ve learned the game with two wedges, the PW and SW and that’s my comfort zone.
This just came over the News report that more than 500 home runs of last year of Major League Baseball could be attributed to the climate change from global warming . They say the warmer air promoted longer air time.
I don’t see my drive getting any longer, perhaps because the fairways were so damp which produced less roll-out.

1 Like

Yes I do, I have 1 major flaw in my game. I have suffered since around age 46, it appeared from out of no where and has seriously plagued me ever since. It has prevented me from being able to score on a very consistent basis. I’m a better than average putter. I average 7 to 9 GIR per round. I Have to work on other parts of my game to make those that much better, I suffer from chipping and pitching yips. I have done so for the last 17 years :cry:. It’s totally mental. I have hit hundreds of thousands of balls in practice, when I get on course they appear like a virus that never goes away. It can last a whole round or just a few holes. I have had some of the best instruction available to cure them. It is something I can overcome on occasion but I cannot shake them. For instance, I had a round last year that started 3-3-3-3-3-5-3-4=31 With a 37 back 9—add em up 68 with 2 blown chips…but it’s always lurking to turn a round like that into a 74. My instructors are baffled, I put in the work. I am better than what I was, but if you average 1.4 birdies per round. But average 5 missed chipping opportunities out of 9. I can be less than 15 yards from a hole, I will flub one hitting the ground and watch the ball go 2 ft, then take a deep breath, and blade the next one over the green and turn a 4 into a 7. Do that 2x a round…Well there is your 8 hdcp. I no longer play competitively so to be honest I don’t care, I celebrate the good ones and laugh off the bad ones. I have no issues getting into people’s pockets when the chance comes up. They see me struggling on the practice area and think I’m a mark. I always welcome those maroons BTW I’m very good with the 60 on a full swing just not on a 1/4 swing. Totally mental. I used to have a 64 in my competitive days. The instructors have used Popsicle stix, duct tape, tried a putter grip, cross handed, one handed, drill after drill… the right hand slightly flips at impact, the left wrist breaks down and there you go. I’m so not confident sometimes I’ll use a putter from 20 yards out once the virus appears on course. That’s why golf spelled backwards is FLOG!

Here’s what I can tell you regarding my last fitting experience. I hit my clubs that had S300 shafts in them. We tried the X100s, the S400 (which I have had prior) and R300s. For whatever reason, I found the X100s really felt great, had a lower ball flight—which is what I wanted— and I didn’t lose much distance. I never tried the X because I was afraid to (mental). They worked great for me. The regular shaft went further with a 6 iron but was kinda all over the place according to trackman, The X100 had a slightly lower spin rate and according to Trackman, a much tighter dispersion. So a couple years ago I traded out the shafts and mentally again felt like brand new clubs. The TI shafts are much more consistent and most likely required less tinkering to get the club swing weight correct for a player…so you are correct there. What I really meant that they are a different animal, the shaft stamp on TI is cool looking and cost like $45 a piece compared to $21. So most likely a big marketing difference more than anything. We, or rather I don’t have access to the club builders the pros do, but I know what I like. I did not “feel” any discernible difference except on the R shaft, everything felt the same…Trackman data was the piece that made me switch. For me the X100 performed best so there you go

The shaft label is pretty bling-y, LOL. Your experience mirrors mine with them. Lower flight, less spin, tighter groups, but not harsh or telephone pole-like. I don’t feel I load them as well as I could, but in best Skinner-conditioning style, I load them properly every so often, and they feel and sound fantastic. Keeps me coming back…

Just not digging the elbow pain. Theraband + Reverse Tyler Twists help a bit, but still…

1 Like

You know, a few suggestion for you since I had seen quite a few golfers went through what you are experiencing.
If you used to be a decent around chipping and putting, but experiencing changes now. This phenomenon could be attributed from a few things, definitely not your nerve as we were lead to believe.
No precise diagnosis, these are just a few possibilities which you can find out if they apply to your case.
-have a trust worthy optometrist exam your vision.
-have a physical therapist specialized in sport injury exam your hands and shoulders. Perhaps referring you to further exam from other specialist for injury resulting from repetitive activities.

Seek a trust worthy optometrist as you would seek someone to operate for open heart surgery. As we age, our vision will deteriorate over time from all the hours under the Sun on the golf course. What you see will lead to your decision on executing the golf swing. All great golfers have sharp vision. I seriously believe the famous celebrity golfer Jack Lemmon who was dedicating his life besides his work and family to golf had never achieved his dream of making the cut for the Bing Crosby Claim bake ( now AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am). He had poor vision.
All top athletes in their field of sports have sharp vision. Without exception. So your vision had probably changed since your 46. In a subtle way not enough to influence other activity just yet.
Have someone check your hands ( carpal tunnel ) , this will happen to most the golfers from hitting thousands if not hundreds of thousands of range balls. The vibration and shock wave will damage the nerve to give that involuntary twitch. I had my left hand done and it made a difference in how the hand feels comparing to the right without the correction.
The shock wave from hitting the golf ball and the ground will travel through your hands, arms, shoulders, and to your spinal core. Injured core will interrupt your motion through the complete golf swing. Especially those finest move like 1/2 to 1/4 swing. The chain of motion is broken down because subconsciously your brain will try to stop you from hurting yourself further. I was diagnose with such and had gone through therapy for about 8 months, still doing the exercises they taught me every week.
If you have a bad experience of not able to execute the golf shot like you know that you had done it a thousand times in the past with ease, that, will put a question mark in your mind. Like you said, like a cancer and it will grow on you, lurking in the back of your mind every time you’re in the situation.
I’d bet those might be the cause, and if you’re able to pin point the cause, the healing will take a little bit of time.

1 Like

Physically I’m good, I have always played with built up grips since I turned 30, I don’t have pain, nor carpal tunnel. Vision is checked every year, I’m slightly near sighted, so vision is strong there, meaning things start to get slightly blurry 15ft out, It would not affect anything within 6ft on in. My chipping and pitching goal is from like 15 yards is a 10-12 foot circle. When my left hand breaks down, the seed is planted and its a confidence thing… I think about it all the time once it happens, sometimes it self corrects, sometimes it continues throughout the round. It’s the worst when it begins on the practice green. It’s 100% mental, the technique breaks down, nothing more, it sucks! I’ve gone through several maladies like hosel rockets or fats or toe hits or the dreaded castings…we all have. I can and have corrected those quickly, the chipping yips is just always there. I try not to think about it because that’s the worst. I try to trust what I’ve been taught and for the most part it works, but it’s what keeps me from being a better player. In match play it’s less of a problem, if my opponent makes a 3 or a 4 and I blow up it’s one hole. Medal play is a different story. Nine years ago I won the county matchplay and I lost a few holes and my opponent actually scored better than me, but I could win a match 2&1 or 1up and who cares what the medal play count was Right?
At 64, I just have fun now…elation and frustration, a few choice words for the hole, but on to the next, every hole, every shot is a different adventure…for me that’s what brings me back!

1 Like

Do you wear RX glasses while golfing?
There is a difference between seeing well within 10’ to seeing everything all the way to the green from way out.
Believe me when I say the vision will determine the execution of the play. There is nothing wrong between your ears ( we hope, :grin: ).
Good vision that carry one’s day to day routine is very different than the sharper vision a top athlete has.
When I was good at the physical activities , they used to call me eagle eyes ( albeit with the aid of RX lenses ). I could see the pin position from over 300 yards away and the hair on the back of a fly, didn’t require extra lighting when the room gets dark with the sunset… Lost it after the cataract surgery and now according to my optometrist, I’m still close to a 20/20 with corrective lenses. Used to be 20/30 with the lenses.

I have heard that’s true. TI stuff like heads and shafts are sorted out so they do get more consistent stuff. If the pro wants constant weight, descending weight or whatever they can easily get it. They also like heads with a certain loft and face angle and even adjustable stuff can’t always get them where they want so heads are sorted too. I used to like buying heads from Wishon for this reason as they would hand select the closest thing in stock to your specs for a few extra $$.

2 Likes

I only wear Rx glasses while driving per the optometrist. It’s not the eyesight. I can see pins, I can follow ball flight. I can see dimples on the ball. I’m not kidding it’s an actual confidence issue. It’s like hey there’s OB on the right. Inevitably, seed is planted and you hit the double cross right! It is 100% a physical breakdown about a 1/2 inch before impact. It’s been videoed. The instructors have set up drills and I practice thru the gamut. I hit at least 60 chips before every round and I play 2 rounds every Saturday. Do the math, and that’s like 80 rounds a year and that doesn’t include instruction and just practice. Maybe before I die I’ll get it. I keep saying this is the year I’ll get it cured. LOL!