Favorite Random Olympic Sport

In honor of watching the Olympics 24/7, what’s your favorite sport that we don’t usually get to see televised?

I love watching fencing. I took a 1 credit PE class in undergrad and it was so much fun. If there was a better club in my area I’d join ASAP, especially since it’s a good swap season wise with golf. The olympians are so fast it’s incredible.

4 Likes

Curling. The sport I think I’d be good at despite having never done it and know I’d actually be mediocre at it.

2 Likes

In most sports, participants bring Gatorade and Coke Zero. In curling, the participants bring Jägermeister.

3 Likes

I fenced for many years so enjoying watching it but it isn’t a great spectator sport tbf. I reached a high standard at Karate prior to Fencing so excited to see that this year, all be it as a guest event.

1 Like

Golf!

(someone had to say it)

4 Likes

It’s easier than you might think to pick up but, as with so many activities, proficiency is tough to achieve.

My wife and I tried it several years ago; unfortunately, she couldn’t overcome her fear of falling on the ice so we abandoned it.

Our local club definitely emphasized the social aspects of the sport - another reason I was bummed it didn’t work for us.

3 Likes