Dustin's Master's Dinner What would you Serve?

This would be mine:
Appetizers: Oysters Rockefeller / Fresh Melon wrapped in San Danielle Prosciutto
Salad Course: House Salad or Spinach Salad Hot Bacon Dressing
Family Sides: Baked Yams & Whole Green Beans
Main Course: King Cut Prime Rib Yorkshire Puff / Shrimp Scampi over Capellini
Dessert: Peach Kuchen w/ Vanilla Ice Cream or Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae
(it’s Georgia—gotta have a PEACH :peach: somewhere!)

No wrong answers here!

I think this is an interesting question… because it’s Augusta National, they will likely source top notch ingredients… but you also don’t want to get outside the chef’s comfort zone… so something like sushi would probably have very well sourced fish, but it wouldn’t necessarily be an amazing “sushi experience”…

Honestly, if it was possible, I’d tell the chef “I’m going to give you guidelines, have fun with it”
I’d probably go:
Appetizers: Chef, make something fun with pimento cheese
Salads: Caesar (a well made Caesar is awesome) / Field Green
Main Course: Prime Rib or bone in Ribeye (my favorite cut of meat, however they want to prepare it… as long as it’s medium rare!)
Sides: Potatoes, Spinach, Vegetables (sans mushrooms)
Dessert: Apple Pie with Caramel

Enough direction that the chef doesn’t HAVE to make any choices, but enough freedom that the chef can add some personality.

I assume they would know where to source good beef! (I don’t need Kobe from Japan, a local GA farm would be great)

2 Likes

I’d serve tons and tons of alcohol (and not drink much) to get the other competing past winners so drunk they are still feeling it for their thursday tee time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is what Fuzzy Zoehler did, but didn’t get the memo about not drinking.

Fuzzy got in trouble in 97 when he was plastered and said in a live interview, I hope we don’t have Fried Chicken and Collards at next years Champion Dinner. Not very cool…Only Rickles could get away with that! He’s not Rickles.

The thing that got him in trouble was the comment after fried chicken and greens - “…or whatever it is they eat.” And he had the nerve to be upset that Tiger didn’t let him off the hook after that.

2 Likes

It was rotten. I know he was plastered and I know he thought he was Rickles. Still was rotten. But since I am a chef by trade. I’d rather see people’s menus. If you had the opportunity

Love it. Here’s mine.

Appetizers: New England Lump Crab Cake and Korean Jjigae Soup Dumplings

First Course: Asparagus w/Scallops, Brown Butter, and Prosciutto

Family Sides: Hasselbeck Potatoes and Hobak Jeon (Pan Fried Cucumber)

Main Course: 8 or 12oz Rolled Ribeye Cap and Seafood Kimchi Fried Rice

Dessert: Peach Cremé Brûlée and Korean Honey Pastry

Wine: Chateau Batailley Grand Cru Classe 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon
Cocktail: Old Fashioned
Coffee

1 Like

love the wine choice! This is what I’m talking about!

1 Like

I play in/with a foursome that 18 years ago we all kinda got hooked up as singles and deuces. We’ve played every Saturday and have become really good pals and pods.The last 6 years I throw an end of season steak dinner just for us out on my deck. Last year, UPeelem U15 shrimp, I make a smoked chopolte dipping sauce, mushroom rissotto, Caesar Salad, 12oz Centercut Tenderloin Steak w Tri Peppercorn Espagnol, Creamed Spinach, 100 size Baker/Butter/SourCream/Fresh Chive, Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae Homemade Vanilla Gelato. DogFishHead IPA, Yuengling Gold Pilsner and some some N/A Arnold Palmers. You can’t beat the friendships, competition and fun we have built through these 18 years.

1 Like

app: Kapustnica - Slovak soup
entree: baked Kilbasa, Halupki & Blinis
dessert: walnut & poppy seed roll

Caviar on the Blini?..I love kapustnica with Smoked Pork Shoulder…not so much sausage. My Gramma was from near Gdansk…maybe add a krokiet as an appetizer and shrimp salad? Sernik for dessert too?