Divot Board Review: My New Favorite Training Aid

There’s been a lot of buzz around the Divot Board, a new training aid that just hit the market. It’s not often that I like a new “invention” in the golf industry - most of them are junk, to be honest. However, I absolutely love this product and think it can help just about any golfer that uses it.

Here’s my full review that goes over the pros and cons, I know a lot of people have been interested in this one since seeing the initial videos

3 Likes

I haven’t tried one yet, but this seems like a no brainer product that should have always existed.

It looks awesome, and I hope the inventor makes a ton of money.

1 Like

Based on the early demand I think he’s got a winner on his hands. It’s nice to see when someone actually gets it right!

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for the review, I might have to give it a try myself. I’ve always been a “picker” in that my preferred strike takes little to no divot, but this mat would seem to be sensitive enough that I’d still get information.

2 Likes

Seen the videos and thought “duh” that is so simple and so helpful.

I have the grass range and don’t hit off a mat at home so not necessarily for me right now but if I ever get the indoor setup I’m a buyer.

I think that’s the thing that surprised me the most about this. The sequins are very sensitive to wherever the leading edge of your club is making contact. Compared to a product like Acu-Strike (or the knockoffs), it’s not even close. When I used the acu-strike it was probably missing a substantial part of where I was making contact because the material they use is not as efficient at changing colors.

2 Likes

I think the indoor scenario is where this it is most helpful, especially if you can’t hit balls at home. You can still practice ground interaction/low point control.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I could definitely see that being really useful for feedback.

1 Like

Just ordered this. In addition to your suggested use, I plan to use it to overcome my nemesis, uneven turf. I can go to my backyard and set it at different angles of my “turf” to simulate real fairways versus the flat driving range.

4 Likes

Great idea! I think you’ll like it

One suggestion: the Divot Board is great for hitting balls off of. It’s also immensely useful if you are in a place where you can’t hit balls. But there’s a nice middle ground: using the Divot Board in combination with the Flat Ball. Many of you will be familiar with this training aid: they’re small soft plastic/rubber discs the diameter of a golf ball. They don’t damage things inside, but your strike has to be pretty precise to hit them properly.

I like the combo with the Divot Board because they give a pretty good indication of the limits of how far forward you should move your strike. Most of us are using the Divot Board to fight fat shots, and so we’re trying to move the low point foward.

6 Likes

great suggestion - thanks, Mike!

1 Like

It’s basically a different version of Adam’s suggestion of the towel behind the ball/hit the guitar pick drill. Same principle.

2 Likes

I just ordered the Divot Board to use at home with a net. Low point control is a problem I have and I’m hoping the feedback I get will help me become a better ball striker. I have a net here at the house and love how it helps me focus more on results than just going and swinging away at balls on the range.

Huge shutout to @mpatrickriley for the review he did over on the MGS forum that inspired me to pick this up and I’m looking forward to incorporating it into my practice.

6 Likes

Hahaha, hopefully it fixes the chunking problem!

Excited to hear how it works.

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited to see how it’ll do. I know @jon gave it a great review and I’m hoping the feedback it gives me will lead to fewer bad shots. That’s been my only complaint hitting off a mat into my net, unless it’s really bad contact, you can’t tell how well you struck it.

I’ll be sure to post up my thoughts once I get some time in with it.

3 Likes

With a name like @sirchunksalot I think the feedback will be welcome in your practice sessions :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Update on the Divot Board. It is completely sold out, again!

The inventor is allocating me units from two shipments coming in early and mid-march, so you can reserve yours by placing an order here.

2 Likes

That makes me glad that I was able to get an order in when I did. I got a shopping notification today that it’s been sent out so now I’ll be watching the mail for it.

1 Like