Best Sunglasses for golf?

Does anyone have any recommendations for sunglasses for golf? This can be either a specific one or a color. If there are any budget friendly ones that would be a plus!

Our Pro Shop sells a variety of Polarized Optical Choices by TIFOSI for between $20 to $35. I usually purchase a couple from the shop for the season. TIFOSI is also available online…You can invest hundreds of dollars into Ray-Bans or Oakley or whomever if you like. In my mind, I invest 40 to 50 bux a season, and if I lose them, scratch or break them I’m not heart-broken. It’s up to you. It’s like Golf apparel. I buy closeouts and clearance stuff and I still look pretty sporty and no one knows differently. Personally, I never felt the need to have the latest and greatest immediately just to look like I’m Rickie Fowler’s bud wearing flowered shirts!

2 Likes

I have a prescription set of golf sunglasses from Rapid Eyewear. There’s a prescription insert, multiple different colored lenses that change out easily (depending upon your lighting conditions), and best of all, the sunglass part can be flipped up (like a baseball player’s sunglasses) for that quick peek with only the prescription glasses themselves. It’s a British company, but they have reps here in the States – the guy in Roselle, IL is great… when I lose my case with extra lenses (every other year they get left in a golf car, and for some reason they never get turned in!), I can just go over to his house and pick out a new set.

2 Likes

One of my kids is a practicing optometrist. I was given a pair of cocoons polarized sunglasses last Christmas. It covers all corners so no UV ray will leak through the side. It can fit over prescription frames if the frame is not oversized.
There are many brands of cocoons polarized sun glasses available starting from about $50.
My pair is Vistana. Some come with inter-changeable color lenses. Make sure you store it in the case it comes with to avoid fine line scratches.

1 Like

Roka.com - I need prescription sunglasses. These are very light, well made, and stay in place.

1 Like

I have a pair of Oakleys with prescription lenses. The original lenses were Oakleys, but later I got lenses from Fuse which were much less expensive and I like them better.

3 Likes

Thank you for recycling the frame. I tend to keep things around instead of throwing them to the landfill. Anything I see a possible chance of being used in the future.
Often puzzled why all those people throw away their cardboard packing boxes and then have to spend a lot of money to buy new ones when they need it again. Simple to cut open the tape and fold/flatten the boxes for storage. A lot of my home made golf club making devices were recycled bits and pieces.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Maui Jim and their customer service. Wide variety of lenses, great optical quality.

Also have some polarized Ray-bans which are good enough. Funny how different colors/polarization can make the grain and contours stand out.

2 Likes

I’ve owned a couple pairs of Maui Jim and they are great although I didn’t use them much for golf. I have a good friend in the eyeglasses industry and he loves Maui Jim glasses.

I prefer the Oakley style (Flak XL) for golf as it’s comfortable and easy to take off and put on and I can easily look under the lenses to read. Also the Rx lenses from Fuse for the Flak are relatively inexpensive. Many Maui Jim models do not offer the Rx option.

2 Likes

Talking about RX spectacles. Several of the guys in our group got those transition lenses from Costco. I think it comes with 2 or 3 different tint. One guy has the “green tint” kind of like a greyish green like the Ray Ban Aviator. It will slow down on the changing after maybe 4-5 years. But it is not that expansive.
One of the guys use a wrap around frame for the transition lenses. Looks sharp but the frame cost a few more pennies.

3 Likes

I am a contacts guy all the way, ever since middle school. :smile:

I believe Tifosi makes the best sunglasses for golf and has for a number of years. They have an on-line site that shows the many choices they make available.

1 Like

Oakley with Prizm Golf or Prizm Dark Golf lenses.

1 Like

Could not agree more! Buddy of mine put me on to them. For golf, as good as Oaks but about 155 of the cost