Best Bag for Pushcart

Prior to the pandemic, I purchased a pushcart as I wanted the exercise, and to experience the game on foot. Like I used to as a kid. It turned out to be everything I wanted it to be! And this year when you couldn’t buy a pushcart anywhere, I looked like a genius! lol.

I only have one bag though, and it’s a cart bag. While I don’t mind using it when I walk, I’m thinking of getting something lighter for the pushcart. Was looking at a Jones Carry Bag. But most carry bags seem designed for carrying on your shoulder. I don’t need a stand bag as I have the pushcart. Any suggestions? Should I just go with a carry bag with a single strap?

2 Likes

The stand bag will work fine with a push cart and on days when the course is too wet to effectively use the push cart you can carry the bag.

2 Likes

Most single strap carry bags aren’t going to have enough built in structure to effectively work with the push cart, so the stand bag tends to be the best option if you want to go lighter. I would always just tuck the back straps into the handle to keep them out of the way when I used the push cart, but you could also just take them off. Most models will have some way to strap down the legs as well, so you won’t need to worry about them sticking out.

1 Like

I use a Jones Utility Bag (two straps) with a Clicgear pushcart and it works great together

2 Likes

I have been using a Sun Mountain Sync bag on my Clicgear push cart for 4 or 5 years and it has worked out great. That bag was designed by SM to be used on push carts. It is rather heavy though so definitely not a bag you would carry if you wanted to go without a push cart on occasions.

1 Like

Also look at the Datrek “Hybrid” bags - good quality, reasonable weight plus have “TopLok” … which are molded plugs at the top of the bag that integrate neatly into the top bracket of push carts that also have Top Lok (my Bag Boy does) - so there’s no need for a top strap to hold the bag.

Great combo, easy in and out, and bag is secure.

1 Like

Thanks, Jon. I have a Clicgear as well.

1 Like

Bumping this thread. I’m in the market for a new bag and I use a pushcart from CaddyTek. I currently use a Callaway Hyperlite bag but it slides down on the push cart. Trying to find maybe a good hybrid bag or cart bag that works well for push carts and riding carts.

1 Like

I just bought a push cart (after being a carrier forever) and bought a new Datrek Superlite cart bag (found some really good reviews). So far so good…excellent price and more room than I know quite what to do with.

2 Likes

If you are 100% going to be either using a push cart or riding cart, then a cart bag is going to be the way to go (if you have the trunk space for it). Cleveland has a nice option you can pick up fairly cheap on Amazon.

2 Likes

Cleveland CG Cart Bag $159
MYGOLFSPY 2020 best cart bags. 2021 bag review HERE

2 Likes

Ping Hoofer sits very well on a MotoCaddy Cube.

1 Like