ARRCOS Caddie Link

thank you, so i got a great deal on the sensors because of buying the new driver. I will try them out and see how i like it before i go and purchase the link.

Let me know how it goes!

I will be playing saturday and sunday so i will definitely let you know what i think. ty

1 Like

I love the total Arccos experience. Strokes Gained. Link. Dashboard. I would highly recommend it to any golfer.

2 Likes

Having to be tethered to a phone is a deal breaker for me.

So i used it for the first time this past weekend. Still undecided. Didnt really bother me to have my phone in my pocket but it would turn off after so long and i am not sure if the Arrcos kept up with it. When i checked after the round i noticed my score was different and it missed different shots. I guess i have to fool around with it to see how it really works. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ty

1 Like

Been using Arccos since Eisenhower. I agree with Etmiller83, SG is a game changer. Soon they will have it in their dashboard, what a Wow.
Frankly, never understood folks that say “phone in pocket dealbreaker”. Ok, so don’t put it in your pocket. I clip it to my belt in the small of my back, a la Captain Kirk (ok, I’m dating myself a bit there). Works!

Don’t know it’s there. Plus, the GPS is always available even when exploring less visited areas of the property.
Btw, I also find it interesting that those same players will go to their clubfitter to get their swingweight “just right”, then strap a honkin’ great watch on their lead wrist. Think that might not throw it off? Astounding.
Link update: I was an “early adopter”. Been using Link, haven’t counted rounds but guessing 50ish? but frankly I still keep phone on my back for gps. In general, Link gps is as good (maybe better) than phone, although it did lose lock just once. I suppose the ‘mark-the-flag’ is simpler, but that’s it. Full disclosure, I don’t stream music or take calls so non-issue for me.
Again, Etmiller83 is spot on, SG is total game changer. I also like that I can compare my game to any handicap. It has really focused my practice/play. For example, told me my approach from 100-150 was poor. So, rangework and a bit extra focused on those shots = drop in my scores!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Just got my sensors in mail as well. Will start using next week!

Is phone in a fanny pack fine? Seems to be same as the pocket.

Any other tips for first time user? Thanks.

I just started using it last week. I have no problem with keeping my phone in the pocket but the problem i am finding is that it is missing shots. And then if you go and try to edit it,now you have to try and remember the spot that you were on that hole. Not sure if i am doing something wrong or not. If i can figure this out, i will keep it because i do like the information. Just getting frustrated with not having all of the correct information. Any suggestions would be great. Ty

How many shots is it missing? If it is missing more than 3 (not putts) per round, something’s wrong. I don’t get more than 1-2 per.
Unregistered putts are almost always tap-ins that I don’t stand still long enough.

I will have to check next weekend. I saw the missing shots this week and got frustrated with it. Felt i was more concerned with that then playing my game so i just forgot about checking it at one point. I will just start it and let it go until the end of the round next weekend and see how it ends up. Ty

The microphone on your mobile phone is what senses each shot. Try putting your phone in your pocket with the top end down, microphone up. That may help. If it’s the same club not being sensed on a regular basis, you might try repairing that club. The sensors are UV activated and I have noticed some challenges on rainy or really cloudy days. Before Arccos, I never played with phone in my pocket, now, it’s just natural for me. I routinely double check it between holes and adjust pin, putts v chips, add penalties (too many). Doesn’t slow me down and much easier than trying to recall later or making notes on a scorecard.

1 Like

To what @Bogey_Warrior said, phone also needs to be in your front pocket, ideally in your front left pocket (for righties) to pick up all the shots. Other small thing is when you’re on the green: The sensors are OFF when the club is grip-down, and ON when they’re grip-up. Sometimes that means Arccos will pick up extra putts on the green because it hears other people’s putts. So you can either just decrease the # of putts on the app (easy), or you can hold your putter upside down unless it’s your turn to putt (a little bit annoying).

2 Likes

thanks for the input, I had no idea they were using the sound on the phone to record shots!

1 Like

Somewhat related but someone had recommended trying TaylorMade MyRoundPro - I downloaded it but haven’t used it yet. Finally realized I had to go into the phone app (instead of apple watch) to allow it to access my location. I chose to allow when using the app, but it seemed to stay on all the time (as evidenced by my battery dying while I was home).

Anyone else use it/have the same issue?

Hoping to try it on the course finally soon.

Another important point is that because it’s using the phone’s mic, you can’t also play audio through your phone to airpods or a bluetooth speaker.

1 Like

I know this thread is more specifically about Arccos Link, but can I throw out a more general Arccos question: anyone have issues with the battery life in the sensors, particularly the putter sensor?

I got my Arccos sensors right around this time last year, as PING was offering them to anyone who had a set of recent PING irons. After not using them all winter (obviously), I activated them in the spring. About midsummer, my putter sensor died.

I figured it was possible that it died because when I bring it in the house to practice, I store my putter on a rack right side up. I know that turns the sensor on, and so it made sense that it would be my fault that I killed it.

Arccos (awesomely) sent me a replacement putter sensor. But that one died as well, literally within a month of having it. It no longer registers a putt of any kind. My understanding is that the battery life on these is supposed to be close to five years.

Now, this isn’t a total dealbreaker for me. I manually edit every green anyway, making sure the hole and the first putt are correctly plotted before the next hole. But has anyone else had batteries flake out so quickly on the sensor, especially the putter sensor?

Thank you i will take a look at that this weekend.

Have now used the Link nine times in the past three weeks. I try to charge it after each use, but, have used it twice this week without charging. No problem. I manually keep score and putts. Afterwards, adjust the round report, usually adding a few missed short putts. For some reason I occasionally get an extra drive from way off the tee box, which I delete. I can only guess it is because the previous hole was not finished. So far, satisfied, and, will probably sell my SX500, which I no longer use.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!