Anyone Else a Whoop User?

Just posted this article from @Ebs02 about his experience with Whoop

2 Likes

Love the article @jon posted today about the Whoop. It has changed my life, both the way I sleep and how I workout. But the biggest benefit is the comfort I feel knowing that it is constantly monitoring my heart and my health.

1 Like

Was close to ordering a Whoop even though I have a Galaxy Active 2 watch, but then I was able to get an early buy on Amazonā€™s Halo so I tried that. No fee for the moment (I think it goes to < $10/month) and it was $65 where the Whoop is $360/year.

So far it performs well. It seems to track my heart rate and sleep better than my watch. I used to work for Polar so I have a really good chest strap HR monitor I compare other devices too. I havenā€™t really gotten into all the data yet. I was curious if CBD would really help my sleep so thatā€™s something Iā€™m starting to track.

Please report back on your sleep with the CBD.

I did put a few posts in the CBD topic, but not sure I have enough data yet. I went a week with the min dosage and both my watch and Halo said my sleep improved significantly ~ 25%. Last night I increased the dosage just a bit and I didnā€™t wake up at all which is rare, but my overall sleep rating was back down. Any sleep quality increase could have been just a fluke with only a weekā€™s worth of data. I will track it for at least a month and see if there are any real changes.

1 Like

Just put in my order for a Halo this week. Does anyone know the hardware differences in the sensors between them? I get that theyā€™re quite different in the information that theyā€™re reporting at present, but Iā€™m wondering if the Whoop has sensors that the Halo lacks, or if future Halo app updates might include some of this data.

Iā€™ve heard Whoop has better HR tracking, but Iā€™ve only read some reviews that say that and I donā€™t know if Whoop has better hardware or better software or really is the same. I felt $30/month was a bit high considering Iā€™m not a pro athlete wanting every ounce of data I can get. I also know that if you want the best HR data, you still want a chest strap as the farther away you measure from your heart the less accuracy you have.

1 Like

@mpatrickriley
I wrote about my experiences with the Halo in the thread above last month. I was very unimpressed. It really doesnā€™t seem to be much of a Whoop competitor at all.

1 Like

I definitely noted that. I still would be interested in knowing how the hardware sensors compare. If the Whoop has hardware that the Halo doesnā€™t, the differences between them wonā€™t be bridged. But if theyā€™re operating with essentially the same sensors, the software can improve.

2 Likes

For the Whoop peeps out there, do any of you use the bicep band? Iā€™m considering jumping in but Iā€™ve never really like wearing a watch or anything on my wrist. Curious to see if anyone uses the arm and what they think of it

Iā€™ve seen from users online that if you donā€™t have big biceps, the normal band has enough slack to fit over the upper arm and stay secure.

I have the bicep strap and love it. I really donā€™t like sleeping with the wrist band. With the bicep strap I donā€™t even notice that I have the whoop on. The only very minor issue is sometimes when I pull off a shirt it will catch on the whoop and move it so that i have to adjust the whoop on my arm.

1 Like

I have thought about switching to the bicep band but not done so yet. Main reason, I have heard other folks say it does not report accurately when playing golf. Something to do with the club/ground interaction and the strap on your wrist.

Has anybody else seen or heard similar issues?

I have not had any trouble with it recording my golf workouts.

1 Like

I wanted to add that walking the course gives me about the same strain score as I get from a hard workout in the gym. Playing while riding a cart results in very little strain.

I just got my Whoop yesterday, joined on their nice deal. Iā€™m noticing it registers my heart rate high, has anyone had issues for with this? It logged a high strain activity when I was sitting at work. Could be a placement issue on my part but wanted to ask here too

I havenā€™t had those issues. I started wearing the bicep strap because I didnā€™t like it on my wrist. It has worked perfectly for me.