Anyone Else a Whoop User?

I started with the Whoop about a month ago and am impressed with the information I now get about my health, sleep, and recovery levels. Anyone else trying the Whoop?

Oura person here. I wonder how they compare

I’m an early access tester for the Amazon Halo, just got it yesterday. It doesn’t seem to have the recovery info like Whoop (but does add some freaky Black Mirror stuff like 3D body models and voice analysis!).

1 Like

I have had my Whoop for about 2 1/2 months now. It takes awhile for it to fully calibrate, I think it needs 28 or so recoveries. Overall I have been very happy with it. It is pretty crazy some of the trends I have discovered. It has helped me start eating better, working out more, drinking less among others. It really acts as a “big brother” reminder on my wrist

A game changer for me was going from the wrist strap to the bicep strap. With it on my bicep, it disappears. I never think about it. So much so, that I forget to charge it every few days. I never liked wearing the wrist strap to sleep and it also bothered me when it got wet.

I’m interested in what you think of the Halo. I was offered the chance to try it out but was already using the Whoop so I passed on the Halo.

I have heard others who really like the bicep strap over the wrist strap. I am still using it on the wrist for now but have thought about switching it up.

I never wear a watch, or anything on my wrist for that matter, but it was super easy to get used to it. I hardly notice it anymore.

Also, I have heard the wrist strap can give you some incorrect numbers when wearing it for golf, and the bicep strap is much more accurate. Not sure how true that is though.

That makes sense. Hitting a golf ball creates quite an impact at the wrist. I haven’t really noticed any difference in my readings since switching.

1 Like

out of curiosity, has your data been surprising or expected? And has it led to you make any changes in your daily life?

I’m interested in trying one in the future, but with a young kid I don’t need help knowing my sleep/recovery is terrible. Now if anyone has advice on getting a 2 year old to sleep through the night…but that feels like a different forum entirely

2 Likes

:joy::joy: I know how that goes :man_facepalming::crazy_face:

Yes it has. I’m much more conscious of my sleeping habits. I’m less likely to eat late at night, rarely drink a Diet Pepsi before bed because of the caffeine, and keep our bedroom dark. I also use the recovery data to determine the extent of my workouts for the day. When I’m in the green zone, I’m especially motivated to workout hard.

1 Like

I tried it for awhile then lost the charger… Whoop is not a very understanding company, still trying to charge me monthly

Wow, that’s not cool. Did you write them on Twitter? I found companies really hate when they get public negative press. They usually rectify things in order to look good to the public. I’ve been thinking so hard into getting a whoop but poor customer service will push me away. Has anyone else who is a user had to speak with customer service and received less than normal service? Interested to find out.

Do you mean they are charging you beyond your subscription or that they wouldn’t allow you to cancel the subscription because you lost your charger?

I have for sure made some changes. Although I never did it a lot, but anymore I will rarely decide to have a drink or 2 during the week because of how much even just one drink will effect my sleep/recovery. I have also started drinking more water which has been a huge factor in all of the data. Lastly, I have been working out more, and know how hard to push myself based off my recovery. Like I mentioned above, it really acts as that “big brother” reminder, which has made it worth it imo.

That is surprising to me. I only had 1 interaction with their customer support via email about a simple data question and they were super quick and helpful. I have also heard from others that they had great experiences with customer support.

I’ve been extremely interested in the whoop, after reading these reviews, I’m thinking I might have to take the jump.

I think you would like it. Let me know if you want a referral link to get you a free strap and one month free of a six month subscription. (I would also get a free month for the referral).

Thank you, I appreciate it!