Amazing pictures of Golf Courses

Talk about getting short sided…

1 Like

Grounds crew revenge days are so much fun. Hope you had a blast.

1 Like

Tons of fun…once a year.

3 Likes

Willow Lakes was my home course when I was living in Bellevue. I heard it took a lot of damage in the floods last year. Has it recovered?

I didn’t make it out there this year, which is a shame, but my buddy who works at Offutt played it a fair amount. He said there are some spots still recovering, but it was in pretty good shape this summer.

1 Like

How long ago were you living in Bellevue? Did you ever make it out to Ashland to play Quarry Oaks or Iron Horse?

We joined The Players Club this Fall and absolutely love it.

Ford Hill in Whitney Point, NY
Not a World class golf course but it’s my favorite.
Never need a tee time and you can’t beat the cost or the views!!

4 Likes

Mt. Monadnock in the background. Shattuck Golf Club

4 Likes

Should be a Jolly Roger on that flag!

1 Like

My Osmond 7th hole

5 Likes

Looks good! Hope it was a good round.

That’s a pretty good one :rainbow:

I’m not sure if I’d put in the amazing category but I’ve played this gem of a muni this week traveling in East Tennessee (Sevierville). Paid $50 with a cart. Solid infrastructure, great collection of par 3’s (shown) and greens were in phenomenal shape.

4 Likes

Lol mannnn that is just so wrong. Gives a high handicapper nightmares. lol

1 Like

A challenge! As a high handicapper myself, at least the tricky ones aren’t boring!

1 Like

Butter Valley Golf Course in Barto, Pa. And yes that is a runway that runs along the 15th Fairway. Look above before you tee off.

1 Like

I play in a tournament every year down in Bermuda called the Goslings Invitational - and Port Royal (where they’re playing on the PGA Tour this week) is one of the courses. It’s one of my favorite tracks I’ve ever played, and it can get really hard in the wind, which you saw yesterday if you watched. Last year it was blowing upwards of 40-50mph and I managed to shoot a 79 and beat some pros that day. At one point I had to crouch down just to be able to stand while putting. One of the best grinds of my life!

Here is the famous 16th hole from a practice round. During the tournament, the wind was blowing about 40mph from the water, so if you wanted any chance at hitting the green you had to hit it out to sea!

Another fun fact. The airline lost my luggage and I had to buy new clothes every day at the pro shop. My bags got there the day before I left :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

You can see the wind in the trees in the distance ! Nice shot

1 Like

#18 at Dakota Dunes Country Club. Par 5. 561 from the tips. Missouri River to the right. OB and trouble left. That water on the left (the right in the photo) is new as a result of a devastating flood in 2011. This hole and four others were completely underwater and it took two years and the work of hundreds to return this beautiful Arnold Palmer design to its former and current glory. That same flood took out the beautiful home I grew up in and my parents still lived in. Nothing stands on the spot where I learned and grew for 18 years. But Dakota Dunes Country Club still stands. My true home course where I learned and fell in love with the game. I miss playing it with regularity. Leaving that course was possibly the hardest part of moving away when I went to college and moved away after. I love it and will forever consider it one of the best courses on the planet.

7 Likes

Here’s my latest submission. I got to play Hudson National today, which was absolutely fantastic. Here is their signature hole, the par 3 16th. The angle doesn’t really show you the Hudson River in the background, but it’s stunning. I knocked it to about 10 feet from 230 and missed the birdie putt, oh well :man_shrugging:t2: :joy:

5 Likes