Adjusting driver loft

Recently made some modifications to my swing based on “The Strike Plan” from Adam Young’s video’s. No longer hitting down. Question I have is now that I am actually hitting up on the ball, I’m getting a lot of height on my drives. At times though I feel I’ve lost some distance, but could have been the wind this weekend. Because of my previous setup, the AOA was down with the driver. To adjust for this, I was fit for 12 degree of loft. Should I think about trying to change loft and see if a change is required.
Also was told changing loft will also change the face to being more open or closed. I will probably go back to where I got fitted and review with them too. Just want to understand, before I go making changes.

Line up the swing path with the intended trajectory, as much as you can on the follow through.
You will get the height and relatively low spin. If your trajectory is too high with high spin, then you’re steering the club head abruptly up ( as you said you think you were hitting up ).
Video tape your swing path if can, especially from the face on angle. Most the smart phones take great video and some could play back in frames.

Thanks, I didn’t think about video. As I’ve only adopted this change for about 3 rounds and have felt more comfortable each round.

1 Like

You should head off to get some info from a track man swing analysis. See what your LA is. If you are somewhere in the vicinity of 11-13 your good. Then just mess with the loft until u get ure desired distance and trajectory. Take 5 or 6 swings and see how you go. The entire exercise by yourself should take an hour and a half.

1 Like

If it’s brand new swing change, give it awhile to settle in. You could probably work out the kinks.

1 Like

Reading my original post again and realized I really did not state at first that this is with my driver. Warm week this week may be able to get out and hit the range to work out any doubts.

This is true. Technically you can’t change the loft on a driver no matter what the OEM’s marketing says. You can change the Face Angle and Lie Angle, but the loft on the face is fixed. You can adjust the face open and that may help you lower the flight, but it will depend on your setup and swing.

Thanks, this was something I was told at the 19th hole. Just wanted to confirm.

1 Like

Consensus tells if adjust the face angle to more lofted setting, the face will shut, adjusting the other way to a lower setting, will effectively open the face at address position.
This is the reason I seldom adjust the loft , and left it at the standard factory stated loft.
The one benefit I received from the adjustable hosel is the ease of changing shaft. No more extracting and waiting for the new epoxy to cure. I have 4 different shafts ( at variable length and weight ) for one of my favorite driver. I can change the apex of the ball flight by changing the shaft.

Find a 9.5° used driver with a similar shaft. Throw it in bag & compare. :grinning:

1 Like