9 to 3 Drill Take a Look

After I started to get better with my game in the late 80s. My teacher, Mr Bishop made me do this for at least a half hour every single day probably at least one small bucket. He used to call it the “belt buckle” drill. Wanna really improve your game from 70-120 yds Do This. The guy in the video, if you watch is not moving one blade of grass. I was never THAT GOOD. I’m gonna hit the range and get back to basics my Wedge game has been off lately and as you get older you forget what got you there. Thought of the day, good enough for him, good enough for me! I could watch this all day and not get bored. https://youtu.be/hAADrjkwvXg

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. Can’t think of a better pre-round routine.

3 Likes

Wow, that was mesmerizing. Just the rhythm and flow. Sometimes we/I forget just how beautiful the man’s golf swing was (and hopefully will return to be).

3 Likes

This drill/focus helped me a lot the past two days. Really dialed in my partial swing wedge game, and hit some pretty tasty shots that either led to par saves or at least decent par looks. Gonna keep using this as a warmup and for my at home net swings to just keep that feeling

2 Likes

What impresses me is his subtle foot work. You can see all his weight moving to the outside of his left foot when he completes the 3pm follow thru belt buckle turned away from ball, returned to ball facing target and just turned never moves off the ball. Hence the name of Belt Buckle Drill… this is really helping me with iron strikes again. I had 7 pw, gw, LW shots today. Only one was outside 20 ft. Closest was 1ft… my putter needed a tourniquet today…

3 Likes

Wanna shout out this drill/swing thought again, stuck a “9 to 3” SW to a foot for a kick in birdie tonight. It’s my new favorite warmup and swing thought for wedge shots

2 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

1 Like