What's In The Bag?

Bit of an update. The irons are now new-to-me i210s 3-PW, with TI X-100s. Green dot. My sky-high launch problem is over, LOL. Launch angles are now ~.5 of the static loft. Vs. nearly .8-.9 before. Swing change may have a little to do with it too…

Still redonkulous spin though. Felt like I topped a PW; still a hair under 9000 rpm, and 130 yds.

Ebay price i couldn’t refuse.

Also looking forward to trying an 'ahina 82-X in the 910f 5W. 42 inches. It’s just a tad stout, playing around with it at home.

And another update. 1W is now a Ping G425 Max 10.5, with stock Alta CB 55X. First three drives and beyond, “PING!!” boring straight, 8-12-ish launch, 250-carry, rolling to 285 per Trackman. With me mishitting it all over the face. (110-ish CHS, 150-155 ball speed. -attack angle, oodles of spin: lots of room for improvement.)

Just consistent. S-flex, if I got aggro in the transition, it’d flick left. X-flex, nope. About as zero adjustment to the club as I’ve ever had picking up a new club. It just works.

The sound doesn’t bug me. I can see where it’d bug the crap out of people though.

Something about not keeping score always seems to make the ga,e more enjoyable.

1 Like

I don’t keep my scores either, unless I’m playing a match (but I know what I scored, regardless)… I have however hit multiple balls on the course just tooling around when we open a gap on the group behind and are waiting on the group in front. We do not slow down play.

1 Like

So far so good. Strike is about 70% good, was maybe 50%, before my experiment. Real improvement was chippy/pitchy shots. Leaving myself more 1st putts inside 12’.
Kinda hurt my driving though. I think a few more practice sessions & rounds of golf will get me back to 50% FWs & probably another 15-20% playable rough shots.

2 Likes

You thinking about adding the driver back to the bag yet?

Yes it’s back in.
1st round with it was 5 shots, FW & 2 light/medium rough, 2 deep rough, 2 OB.
2nd round was 6 FW & 2 lt./med rough, 3 deep rough, 1 OB.
Strike ok, but, L to R flight. Working on fixing face, it’s probably open say 5°. Path seems pretty straight. Give or take 2°.

I have Titleist TSi2 Driver, 3 wood 4 hybrid 5 hybrid PXG 0311 P Gen 4 6-GW Sugar Daddy 54* and 60* Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Tel

4 Likes

Expensive bag! Good luck! Most of mine… well my irons (although they were all reshafted last year to make them brand spankin new) would consider those to be grandchildren and my putter (a Karsten Ping Anser Scottsdale circa 1972) would consider your Scotty to be a Great-Grandchild! LOLOL… I put that in the garage for 2 seasons…and threw pixie dust on it whilst a tried a Kia Ma TaylorMade Daytona… well lets just say the Ping was bought out of retirement this year! I was offered $1000 for the Karsten…NOPE–NFS!