What would you have done?

Without seeing the lie it’s hard to say, but typically I would go for it. But a lie that might be a flyer for a higher lofted iron may not be for mid to long iron. At 150 to clear I’d probably hit a hard 8 or 9 iron (9i normally 150, 8i 165) but with flyer they would each fly 5-15 yds further. But that same lie with a 4-5-6 iron is more likely to fall out of the sky like a wounded duck.

But if you don’t think you have that shot, nothing wrong with laying up and trying to make par the hard way.

1 Like

Right, take the horse pill and swallow it. I made 4.5 instead of 4.75, got fortunate 1 longer putt dropped. What I didn’t do was put 6 or 7 in play. I’ve done that enough in my career like we all have. At the end of the day, sometimes that bogey looks great especially when overall you are playing decent. It just doesn’t feel as bad as 2 striped shots and a 3 jack… you can tell me if I’m wrong there

That is fantastic from where I’m standing! Really well done, considering you had to make those kinds of recovery shots.