Practice Challenge 1

I have flip flopped on this

After some testing, i think you want to understand the distance you hit it when you hit it flush. You then visualize THAT flush strike and see it flying 7 yards behind the pin (assuming pin is middle)

Internalize that you are driving this ball to the back half of the green

I was trying to do this weird “avg distance” calc and it was affecting my commitment to the shot.

Visualize that flush strike and make an aggressive and committed swing

This is a very nit pick distinction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Let’s go with your bell curve distance dispersal; ignore the flush distance, ignore the average distance. Move your mean distance to your mode distance, since that’s where the shots should cluster, in terms of density. What effect would that have on your decision making?

1 Like

That mode is prob flush -7 yards

But just thinking through that made my head hurt

Just flush it to the back half of the green :slight_smile:

The biggest thing is that i want a positive, assertive image/feel as i approach the ball

Dont want to think about bell curves :slight_smile:

1 Like

There you go - you just answered my question, thank you :blush:

Flush to the back (I’m sure there’s an adolescent joke there, somewhere). Thanks for the cue.

1 Like

I think this is where the decade stuff comes into play… what’s behind the green? Sharks with laser beams and all manner of disaster? The you should account for a flush shot leading to trouble…

I play a neighborhood course and most of the holes long is dead… but the greens are big enough that I can easily work an extra 7 yards into my aim.

I think the question becomes how often are you hitting the +7 yard shot and does it make it worth it to add +7 yards of “danger” to the front.

I would love to play that course. Not too different from a Greg Norman design :joy::joy:

2 Likes

It’s a quote from chasing scratch!

It’s how they describe I believe 17 at river ridge.

11 in…

1 Like