Playing in the Cold

Was going to raise an eyebrow at that, given the Reynaud’s, but alcohol’s a vasodilator, and in your case may actually improve bloodflow to your extremities. Just keep your core really warm.

I grew up on the Central Coast of California. AKA land of fog and artichokes. I love 40-50 degrees, windy and drizzly. Which are pretty rare conditions in Houston, sigh. Today’s is rather nifty though: mid-70s, dry, crystal clear. Chamber of Commerce weather; take your postcard photos today.

About time. I thought summer would never end. It was warmer at 5AM yesterday (and with about 80% humidity) than it is at 4 PM right now.

2 Likes

It was 61 @ 2:10 here. Drove through a line of t-storms & rain for 1/2 an hour. Temp dropped to 50 :flushed:
Guess we’ll be playing tomorrow’s round in woollys and long johns. :grimacing:

True, I’ve read alcohol and even coffee are not so good for Raynaud’s. I’ve cut back, but not ready to give anything up yet. I actually did give coffee up for several weeks, but saw no difference. It’s funny because I can wear shorts when it’s in the 40’s and be fine, but my hands and feet could still be cold when it’s in the 50’s. Handwarmers and mittens get me through this time of year decently though.

1 Like

I really love playing when it’s hot :smile: , cold is just not for me.

1 Like

When I lived in Rochester NY. We used to play in the first snow with orange balls

2 Likes

For some reason my hands and feet have not been as cold so far this year and I have played in the 40’s which is usually a bit painful for me. Maybe the turmeric or magnesium supplements? Maybe the extra weight I’ve gained?

1 Like

Played 9 today on Saratoga Lake. Sunny, but my God, the wind, and it wasn’t in our favor. Temps around 50, and it would have been lovely sans 30 mph winds.
But… We’re running out of time in Upstate, so we’ll keep playing!

3 Likes