Maintaining golf game with a newborn

9s & dines lead to many … well you know … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: … need I go on?

2 Likes

i laughed out loud :laughing:

My birthday is coming up and my wife keeps asking what I want. Up until now I’ve been saying nothing, but now I think I just want her to have a conversation with your wife.

Is golf season open in your area? Ask her to come out for a 9 & dine with you. Since this sounds like your 1st rodeo, let her hit some putts, drive the cart & choose the restaurant. :+1:t2:

I thought I was a hardcore golfer, reading some of these posts…I now know I’m not. The last thing on my mind for 8 years was golf when my kids were brought into this world. I worked 2 jobs so my wife could be a stay at home mom, I worked 10-12 hours a day at my regular job and worked as a starter/ranger/cashier at my course when I could squeeze in more work hours just to be around the game and maybe hit the range here or there for a small bucket when I put carts away after I gave up golf professional aspirations. Believe me, that’s work, no time to play when your taking care of golfers as customers…I don’t know if you’ve noticed anything about us…we are kind of demanding! I might have played 4 rounds a year for those first 8, then I graduated to maybe 8 or 9 until they got halfway through high school. I’m not complaining, I loved being with my kids, I loved watching them grow, there was always something that had to be planned or chaperoned through early school age. I wanted them to be able to make a life for themselves, graduate college and grad school, my son became a 3rd degree Black Belt and I thought that was cool, I never missed a Martial Arts Class let alone a Tournament, I never missed a soccer practice or game, I never missed a play or rehearsal, I never missed presentation as my daughter became a teacher and my son became an mechanical engineer…and now I have to take care of my wife because she is working her way through a pulmonary disease. It’s always been about family first for me guys. I also became involved with my church, doing alot of “food service ministry” on Sundays…Sunday mornings belonged to community service. I play more now than I did 10 years ago, like 40—27 hole rounds a year and I have a set-up in my garage to hit balls as that’s what I enjoy most. I almost lost my life like 4 years ago and had to drop the clubs completely for 2 years and to be honest, I found other things to do. Now, to make you all jealous, from 22 to age 30, I had the good fortune of playing a minimum of 6.5 rounds a week, so 300 +/- rounds a year for 8 years, not including range time. So I probably had like at least 2500 rounds in, which is a lifetime of golf for some folks. I can say, I really didn’t think too much about playing as, work and maintaining a home and setting my little guys up for as much success as I could was the only thing on my mind.