Help me get caught up

I’ve been MIA for a while - things have been crazy here as we had kids home from daycare for a month (no positive cases in our house thankfully but were being extra cautious around the holidays and kept the kids home after some cases at their school). Hope to be back in the swing of discussions now if I’m lucky (and if I’m luckier I’ll be able to get to a course!)

What are the best discussions/articles to read from the past month? Hope this can help any newcomers as well.

1 Like

Honestly, I think some of the best threads are in the Practical Golf Articles section… They all start with a good article from the site and conversation goes from there…

I enjoyed the thread on Adam Young’s “The Practice Manual” and it definitely lead to some sales of the book (myself included) and I’m hopeful that conversation will continue as people read it.

Honestly, there is good discussion in all the various threads, just look for a topic you are interested in and hop back in.

I’ll hopefully be updating the Putting Quest thread with a big update next week…

4 Likes

Still not scratch :frowning:

3 Likes

My back still hurts :cry:

3 Likes

I’m still a hacker with occasional flashes of skill (or pure luck!) :smiley:

3 Likes

Able to play? Weren’t you sidelined?

Transfusion + 500mg of ibuprofen seems to do the trick

Lots of hip flexor stretching and foam rolling too

Cannot play two days in a row though. Takes me about 48 hours to get right after 18 holes

1 Like

That would help about anyone!

I really want to get a massage gun, tried one out and it was awesome but can’t justify $300+ for it.

Ive seen some stuff on those that it’s easy to overuse them and do more harm than good if you aren’t careful.

I’ve got some massage balls, a foam roller and try to stretch…

Massage guns, ibuprofen or transfusions?

You can definitely over do the transfusions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Massage guns… I mean transfusions too! And ibuprofen…

But the massage gun can go from helpful massage to harmful impact on soft tissue… at least from what I’ve read.

1 Like

Interesting. Something that makes a big impact is staying hydrated. When I have an unhealthy stretch of lots of coffee and alcohol my muscles get like beef jerky.

Clean living and lots of water helps soften that tissue up. I find that the foam roll and massage don’t even help if my muscles have gone into the beef jerky zone

3 Likes

Same, I work in a hospital, and they transitioned us to a COVID unit after Thanksgiving. It was supposed to be a voluntary assignment, but my transfer request was denied due to staffing issues. I’m not a nurse, technician or doc, I’m the unit primary clerical.
My 91 year old Dad lives with me, so I’ve been actively job hunting, it’s just not safe where I work.
Haven’t swing a club in the garage or anything golf related.
I’ll be back when I get out of Dodge!

5 Likes

Stay safe! Hopefully you and your dad can get vaccinated quickly!

Golf will be there for you! Hopefully you’ll have some extra spending money at the end.

3 Likes

Good to hear you and your dad are well. Look after yourselves and stay safe :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Following one of our attending doc’s recommendations and upping my intake of Vitamin D, Zinc and Quercetin. Keep washing your hands, wear your masks ( goggles aren’t a bad idea if out in public) and avoid as many indoor spaces as possible.
Stay safe!

3 Likes

Thank you for what you do. I also work in health care, but on the EHR support side. My wife is an ONC pharmacist and still goes in and works on the floors. I hope both you and your father stay safe.

Hope you can get back to swinging clubs soon!

3 Likes