Favorite Driver Drills?

Ha… it’s been interesting. Biggest issue was I can’t swing driver in my simulator and i basically did nothing but speed train for three months.

Wasn’t great for my swing.

Hit 165 ball speed on the course today, though… so that was nice.

1 Like

Woot! That’s great. I think. Weren’t you chasing 300 carry awhile back? I ask because I’m interested in launch/spin etc…and I’m thinking I need 175 and dialed-in other stuff, to get there.

(Not that it’s a goal of mine. Especially at my age. Though my instructor tonight let loose an expletive when i told him i was pushing 50, LOL)

I just want to get the ball up, hear the ‘Whoosh!’, and finally get to start playing this game. But 115-118/170-175 or so, sounds reasonable, given what I send a 7I at.

As far as “not great for your swing”, did you lose track of the head, get careless about your face, something else?

1 Like

Consequences on the range, getting me to realize that first shot has to count (because I’m not getting the luxury on the course to get dialed-in after 3 mulligans), had helped with my focus. Playing my way through a simulated tee-to-green round in my head, that sort of thing.

When I played in club events, that was exactly my pre-round warm up. I’d play the first hole or two on the range. It got me very comfortable once I stepped on the tee box. You have a nice routine.