Farmers Insurance Open - Rules Question

I’m chuckling a little, you have some major changes to catch up with, assuming you really care. And if you don’t care, its all good, have fun playing!

2 Likes

Yes, chuckling is to say the least.
Not really keeping it up since I left the club competition about a decade ago from some serious injury.
Still read about some of the changes but never really keep up, to keep up.
Still feel funny about putting toward a cup with pin left in it. Had only done that when I was playing solo early in the morning.

1 Like

Regarding rules question #2, according to the current Rules of Golf Rule 13.1e/1, there are two specific actions that are not allowed in testing the green. Infraction occurs if a player rubs the surface or rolls a ball. But the rules do NOT prohibit a player from taking other actions even when done for the purpose of testing or from inadvertently taking the prohibited actions.
Consequently, laying a club across the hole to get a slope read is NOT an infractions.
Art

1 Like

It was weird! Well, the first time I played a round with that rule. I kept asking, “Hey, shouldn’t we be gett…No? Ok…”

Never felt normal. Now of course—and since it’s a benefit!—yeah, I’m doing it. But at the time, it felt like I was skipping raking my bunker, or fixing my ball marks.

Golf course management loves it, it’ll speed up the pace just a little. However, I prefer not to have it it for the chance of bouncing off the flag pole instead of the back of the cup.
Aging golfers would love it, less bending down to pick it up and gives a better visual as where the cup is. If I have a choice, I’d pull the pin. Grew up that way, difficult to change it over night.