Eye Position When Putting

Very helpful video @papageorgio! I have a condition in which I only use one eye at a time; my alignment line can look quite different when over the ball, depending on which eye I’m using. This will definitely help me achieve a more consistent setup!

1 Like

I try to set the ball a touch forward so that my eyes are on target line and behind the ball. I want to rotate my head to see ball-target line-hole.

2 Likes

Through alot of practice, I do everything as exact as humanly possible when putting… I use a 37" offset blade so I stand a bit more upright than most people. I went from learning with an 8802 to spending the next 34 years with a ping anser, to now using the same style, heavier weighted Rossa Daytona 6 from Taylormade with the insert. My head is positioned directly over the ball and my right eye is slightly behind the ball with my left eye closer to almost on top of the ball…I periodically check this by dropping a ball from my right eye and if that ball hits the ball, i’m too close. I want the ball to land directly behind the ball to be putted. I could basically close my left eye and not use it at all. Everything is off my right eye…That’s just me.

1 Like

I seem to do best when my eyes are just inside the ball. I use an Eyeline mirror to check my setup every so often (not enough) as I tend to start setting up with my eye too far inside the ball/line. For years I always tried to get my eyes right over the ball, but the pro added an inch to my putter and had me adjust my eye position which has improved my putting.

4 Likes