Aging and my golf game

One of my colleague’s husband had the intestinal perforation, he battled a long time to get well enough to go home. His wife had never given up on him, and his own will to survive together with his wife’s determination saved him from being one of the statistic numbers. He was going to be sent to hospice service at one time.

Best of luck and listen to your care giver. When in doubt, seek a second opinion immediately.
Hope your buddies will join you on the golf courses in 2024.

1 Like

Oh man that doesn’t good. I hope you’re ok and healing up well.

2 Likes

Thanks. Surgery in October. I’ll update then… shouldn’t be a huge deal, but we shall see!

4 Likes

Just keep an eye on it, many times caused by diverticulosis. Sepsis is what you worry about. we all have a million feet (exaggeration) of colon and they usually remove or repair the diseased section and you’re good as new. My uncle ignored his symptoms and it became too late. DON’T DO THAT! I have the :pray:t2: for you and let the docs do their thing and you’ll be back out there in a few months!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m on it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Surgery was a success… operated in October 4th, moving around a week later.

Hoping to be swinging in November… have some crazy goals for 2024. We will see how it goes.

3 Likes

Somehow, your post only appeared today to me? It shows postmarked the 5th?

In any case, Great to know that you’re up and around after the surgery. Hope you’ll get back to the golf course by next season ( or if you could travel to warmer places for winter golf ).

One of the guys will go on a long trip by the end of this month to Hong Kong, China, Thailand and Vietnam, Singapore/Malaysia. On a semi golf trip. He said it will fill a few spots on his bucket list.
Sounds sad when one brings up the term of bucket list. His wife just went on a European Cruise without him.
Some couples grew old doing things together and a few couples will grow apart.
Go enjoy and do some crazy things in 2024 after your recovery. Hope I could be there but I’m no longer 18 the last time I looked in the mirror.

1 Like

So glad to hear surgery went well. That is a blessing. Take it easy on the comeback. Don’t do what I did, and suffer setbacks and mess up your swing. You are in a perfect position to do strength and speed exercises before getting back out. Slow and steady wins the race!

1 Like